The data that is displayed in the Trade Sheet is configured via the Cell Configuration tab in the Trade Sheet Configuration:
To insert a column to the left of right of an existing Trade Sheet column right click on the cell and choose "Add New Right Column" or "Add New Left Column"
The number of rows and columns can be set by using the spinners at the top of the menu. To format a specific cell, double left-click on a cell and it will bring up a “Property” window. Within the “Property” window, the user has a limited number of fields which the cell can be configured to show:
Once the “Property” menu has been launched, the user can configure the number of decimals and the display characteristics (Font, Text Color, Background Color) for the selected cell.
Alternate Trade Sheet
The user also has the option to configure entirely different cells on an alternate Trade Sheet, which can be set up and toggled between with the main Trade Sheet. To configure the alternate Trade Sheet, click the “Alternate” radio button:
Trade Sheet Configuration
The Trade Sheet Configuration tab can be found next to the Cell Configuration tab here:
Users can collapse, or remove from the Trade Sheet grid, cells that are empty. This occurs when different expiry months in view have different strike increments. By default, a "spacer" cell will be shown without data to maintain strike alignment in rows.
Model Settings Update
Selecting 'Auto-Accept' enables the Trade Sheet to accept all modeling changes without having to manually interact with the 'Accept' button on the Trade Sheet. This can be used when several traders want to always remain synched or if an API is constantly changing parameters.
The Spread Box parameters will define behavior when using the Spread Builder:
- Leg Increment: When incrementing quantity, the increments will be in .5 instead of 1.0.
- Enable Quantity Slider: When clicking an instrument to add to the Spread Builder, sliding the mouse up or down while clicking and holding will increment the quantity to be added to the spread.
Theta and Vega Display
Here users can choose between Per-Tick, Per-Point, and Raw (notional) display of Theta and Vega cells. These different display types transform the raw (non-notional) theta and vega (as computed by the Theoretical Center) by applying simple math to get the correct display value:
- Raw = (raw Theoretical Center greek)
- Per-point = (raw Theoretical Center greek) * (Tick Value) * (Tick Size)
- Per-tick = (raw Theoretical Center greek) * (Tick Value)
Column Header Configuration
Determines the action taken when a column header is clicked while building a spread.
- Do Nothing: This configuration will take no action.
- Create a Calendar Spread: After adding an option or option spread to the Spread Builder, clicking on the header of another month will add the reverse strike(s) into the Spread Builder.
- Create a Strip: After adding an option or option spread to the Spread Builder, clicking on the header of another month will add the same option/spread in each available month between the original month and the end month to the Spread Builder.
The ThirdParty Chat configuration allows the user to select which configured chat system that the Trade Sheet will interact with. Only one Trade Sheet can be configured to connect to one chat system. If the Trade Sheet is cloned or if another Trade Sheet is subsequently configured for the same chat, the original will lose its configuration.
The Third Party Chat system connects directly to a specific Trade Sheet. All prices conveyed to the chat will come from the configured Trade Sheet, not the server.
Disabling Spread Builder Timer
By selecting "Disable Spread Timer", trade sheets will remain in spread building mode until the "Finish" button is selected (located in the upper right of trade sheets where the timer is found).
Interacting with the trade sheets other than building the spread is disabled until you select "Finish" at which point full trade sheet control is returned similar to the timer running out.
Determines whether the Share List Side Panel will be viewable in the Trade Sheet. The Share List allows the user to share pertinent strategies with other users on the server. Share List panel located here:
User Interface Configuration
- Center ATM When Switching; By default, when switching between two products the Trade Sheet will be centered at the at the money strike of that product. By deselecting this option, when switching between two products, the Trade Sheet will attempt to center at the previously selected strike level.
- Automatically Select Month; When checked, the month that is selected via the Quick Navigation buttons will also be selected as the current underlying of that Trade Sheet.
See Shared and Hot Lists section for more information on how to best use them.
User Interface Configuration
- Center ATM When Switching: By default, when switching between two products the Trade Sheet will center around the at the money strike of that product. By deselecting this option, when switching between two products, the Trade Sheet will attempt to center at the previously selected strike level.
- Automatically Select Month: When checked, the month that is selected via the Quick Navigation buttons will also be selected as the current underlying of that Trade Sheet.
Underlying Bar / Ticker Settings
- Ruler Increments: This setting will determine the price interval of the Underlying Bars displayed to quickly navigate locking the Trade Sheets against different underlying prices:
- Decimal Places: This setting will determine the amount of decimal places to be displayed in the underlying headers in the Trade Sheets:
- Spinner Tick Increment: This setting will allow the user to set the increment of the underlying price when clicking the up and down arrows:
This setting allows the user to choose in what manner they would prefer the underlying to price their options off of: Bid; Average Ask/Bid; Least Quantity; Last or Settle.
Determines whether the underlying used is from the live market or the implied market chosen in the Underlying Configuration Panel.
Smart Complete allows users to select strikes in the Trade Sheet and choose from the available pre-configured strategy types. Users can configure the available strategies and the order in which they are viewed.
Product Strike Range
The Product Strike Configuration can be found here:
Setting a Range
Check Range and then move the sliders to the desired high and low strikes
Setting an Increment
Check Only Increment Of and move the slider to the desired interval
When selecting an increment, check that the low strike of any month is not irregular. In some cases, exchanges may list irregular strikes which will cause many strikes to be omitted from view.